Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Genau

After living in a different language and culture for a certain period of time, there are words that become your favorites.  Maybe because it rolls off your tongue easily, it sounds good, or maybe you just like how it's spelled.

One of mine is "Genau", the Deutsch expression for correct or exactly. 

Nowadays, when in a conversation with my boss, co-workers, etc., I try to suppress blurting out "genau".  I don't know why.  It's a confidence thing, but still, I should use it more often.

Genau.

3 comments:

  1. Wow, you sprechen Deutsch now, eh? Genau? :-)
    Love that you're being so European now, gel. Honestly, I didn't think the food/ingredients issue was going to hamper your cooking skills...nor arsenal.

    :-) keep posting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, nice to meet you and thanks for joining my blog! I became your follower, too!!

    Cool that you are learning German, i'm a German native speaker, so if you have questions, feel free to ask!

    Viel Erfolg weiterhin beim Deutsch lernen! :-)
    I also like the word genau! XDD

    ReplyDelete
  3. Danke! I am trying to learn German, but haven't gotten there yet. It's been 4 months, but I'm hopeful!


    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete